Zzoomm are looking for talented people to help roll out the Full Fibre network of the future, delivering the best broadband in Britain. Come and talk to us about joining a rapidly expanding telecommunications company with nationwide ambitions.
If you are a team player, then you will fit right in at Zzoomm as we work together to build a great Full Fibre network nationwide. You can make a real difference for all our futures as part of the hard working team that are at the forefront the Full Fibre broadband revolution.
The main purpose of the HSEQ Coach role is to provide support to the HSEQ Manager in a designated region covering all aspects of Health & Safety, Environment and Quality in all of our activities, from Civils Engineering and Fibre Installations in the Field to the Support functions based at Regional Offices and Depo
Your key responsibilities will be...
- You will support the HSEQ agenda for the Region in line with Corporate policies and the National legislation.
- You will manage and keep the Regional HSEQ library up to date on the MS SharePoint and the internal Work Order Management system.
- You will be working with the HSEQ Manager and your Regional Director to build a robust HSEQ culture in the Region.
- You will carry out reviews and inspections in the Field and within internal Work Order Management system to identify opportunities to improve HSEQ performance.
- You will coach underperforming staff in the field and deliver regular toolbox talks.
- You will produce reports on Regional HSEQ performance.
- You will manage Regional Training and Accreditation register, ensuring that the region is compliant with the companywide requirements and only accredited staff is permitted to carry out the work.
- You will gather performance improvement initiatives across your Regional team, digest those ideas and submit the selection to the Central Continuous Improvement function for further evaluation regularly.
- You will work with the Regional management team instructing them on deployment of the innovations approved by the business for inter-regional implementation.
- You will work with Local Authority bodies and the H&S Executive as required to maintain HSEQ compliance, including ensuring that CDM requirements are met in relation to our civils construction activities.
Experience & Skills required...
- Experience of managing HSE in Civils Construction (preferably including Highways excavation), Warehousing, Field Operations and Office workers
- Knowledge of current HSE regulatory requirements and best practices and a keen interest in updating this knowledge as new legislation is applied or changes are made to current regulations or guidelines
- Work with individuals and teams to embed HSEQ thinking into everything they do
- Apply the CDM regulations to Fibre Optic Network Construction activities
- Comply with HSE reporting requirements for incidents and near misses
- Keep up to date with new HSEQ legislation
- An HSEQ go -to person, very, very knowledgeable
- Recognised HSE qualifications/accreditations e.g. IOSH or NEBOSH (preferably in construction) certification, NVQ level 4/5 Occupational Safety and Health Practice, IMEA (Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment) etc.
What we offer…
- Annual Leave - 25 days’ paid holiday plus bank/public holidays
- A day off for your birthday
- Pension – you pay 4.5% and Zzoomm pays 4.5% into your pension
- Life assurance - 4 x basic salary
- Health cash plan which allows you to claim money back for the cost of your essential health care plus other benefits including 24/7 access to an online doctor
- Exclusive offers and discounts from over 1000 popular retailers
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Working with Zzoomm, you will learn new skills on the job, diversify your abilities and enjoy building a new future for the UK’s broadband network, one town at a time, and have a great time!
Zzoomm provides you with the flexibility to work in a way that will help you grow and develop. As well as having clear responsibilities, you will get extensive training to help you develop, and you will be building a legacy here as we build the Full Fibre broadband network of the future.