Zzoomm are looking for talented people to help roll out the Full Fibre network of the future. So come and work for rapidly expanding telecommunications company with nationwide ambitions.
If you are an experienced Wayleave Team Leader looking to be part of a fantastic journey within a multifaceted and dynamic high-growth business, then we’d love to hear from you.
The main purpose of your role is to ensure that Wayleave Officers in your region are acquiring and negotiating Network Access Agreements and Wayleaves in a timely manner, enabling the build team to deliver FTTP (Fibre To The Premises) projects.
Your key responsibilities are:
- You will also be responsible for the Wayleave Officer in your team and ensure you are setting tasks weekly for them to achieve with your helping hand if needed
- Responsible for the negotiation and obtaining of Wayleaves in a timely manner
- Communicate with freeholders, grantors and their agents on a daily basis
- Report weekly figures on Wayleave progress directly to the Head of Wayleaves
- You will be highly visible and energetic, you’re the leader of the team, who will follow your instructions on who, what, when and how we deliver our network to customers that we require permission from.
You will report to the Head of Wayleaves and MDUs.
You will be working every day with Network Planning Team and Installations Supervisors.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience, & Attitude required to do this role
- You'll have a proven track record of gaining multiple Wayleaves
- Demonstrable negotiation skills and the ability to communicate with varying audiences
- It’s important your able to think outside the box using your creative side
- Confident in presenting
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the legislation relating to rights over land, particularly the Electronic Communications Code at Schedule 3A Communications Act 2003 (as amended by Digital Economy Act 2017)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are essential.
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Experience working with legal documentation.
- Full UK Driving licence and access to a vehicle
Desirable skills, knowledge, experience - not strictly necessary, but would be nice
- Basic understanding of FTTP networks and build methods is desirable
What we offer
- A full time PAYE contract offering a basic salary and bonus
- Annual Leave - 25 days paid holiday + 1 day off for your birthday + Bank holidays off
- Pension – you pay 4.5% and Zzoomm pays 4.5% into your pension
- Life assurance 4 x basic salary
- Health cash plan which allows you to claim money back for the cost of your essential health care plus other benefits including 24/7 access to an online doctor
- Exclusive offers and discounts from over 1000 popular retailers
- Free parking at work
- Working with Zzoomm, you will learn new skills on the job, diversify your abilities and enjoy building a new future for the UK’s broadband network, one town at a time, and have a great time!
Zzoomm have built a support network with the Armed Forces Community, to help those transition into civilian life. We have developed recruitment pathways which cater to those ex-forces personnel and reservists who meet the criteria advertised on our vacancies, to ensure progression within the selection process.