This is your chance to work for a rapidly expanding broadband company with healthy growth ambitions. Each day you’ll get to work alongside talented and results driven colleagues who all have the company’s success as their end goal.
We fully recognise that it’s our employees that make Zzoomm the success story that it is and we do consider ourselves to be at the forefront of the broadband full fibre revolution in the UK.
If you are the right person for the role our team will be challenged with rewarding assignments and you will get to be part of a fantastic journey within a multifaceted and dynamic high-growth business.
We are currently looking for Fibre Engineer to join our Test Rod and Rope Team to join our Fibre Team. We seek engineers who have experience of FTTP or utilities work in a market town with knowledge in CA to undertake blockage clearance by using CA techniques; you will need to have an understanding of the Openreach duct network, have a high level of innovative thinking and resourcefulness and explore all avenues of success to reduce Zzoomm overall civils intrusion, this can include reroutes both OH & UG if available and appropriate to the build area. You will be open and flexible to undertake additional duties as and when they are required.
In terms of tickets we would need you to hold all relevant PIA BTOR accreditations and you should be ok with using a tablet to record build data, site set up etc to support your Team Lead.
Who will guide me….
You will be guided throughout the day by the Fibre Team Leader and Fibre Manager as well as working closely with build crews. You will be expected to usually know what needs to be done and organise yourself to get on and do it (that said, there will always be somebody to ask if you’re not sure about anything).
Zzoomm is an open and inclusive organisation so you will always know what the Company’s objectives are and how we are progressing against our targets. We will always recognise your contribution to how well we are doing.
A day in the life of Fibre Engineer (TRR team) ...
Your day will usually start at a local depot where you will pick up the machinery and equipment needed for that day’s work. Working as part of a Rod and Rope crew you will ensure that people, plant and materials are transported to site ready to set up and start work on schedule.
You will carry out work in line with work instructions and method statements provided to you but we will rely on you to maintain vigilance to identify what else needs to be done to keep the site operating smoothly and efficiently.
We will expect you and your colleagues in the Rod and Rope Team to work in such a way that disruption to the public is minimised and every opportunity to show Zzoomm as a considerate organisation is taken and our reputation is enhanced.
What we need you to have…
- Previous experience within FTTP
- BT Openreach PIA accreditations SA002/SA001 (Safety UG and OH); S8 (PIA Cable Installation Overhead); S7 (PIA Sub Duct and Cable Installation UG); K8 (UG Test Rod & rope); PIA Safe Working In Civils SA006; PIA SA010 Work In Medium Risk Confined Spaces; Core Drilling - CD1
- Demonstrable knowledge of the Openreach PIA network quality standards
- NRSWA Operative ticket (Streetworks)
- NOPS Smart Awards card
- Full clean driving license, preferably including towing
- Dumper ticket and experience
- First aid qualification
- Site Health and Safety qualification and experience
- MEWP licence would be desirable
- Strong teamwork ethic
Experience You’ll Need…
- Confident at working at heights and underground network
- Civils Avoidance
- Use of utility detection equipment
- Use of gas detections equipment
- Setting up work site in line with NRSWA
- Ability to use a tablet to read and record site data; e.g. photograph as-built and up load to tablets
- Ensuring health and safety is paramount at all times and PPE is appropriate for each task
- Completing risk assessments prior to any works commencing on site
- Complying with Health and Safety regulations, including appropriate use of SLG, PPE and other tools and equipment, as well as maintaining a safe works site at all times.
- Only using equipment that is fit for purpose and completing the daily plant check using relevant forms
- Reporting all strikes, accidents, incidents to management
What do we offer ...
- A full time PAYE contract offering a basic salary and bonus
- Annual Leave - 25 days paid holiday + 1 day off for your birthday + Bank holidays off
- Pension – you pay 4.5% and Zzoomm pays 4.5% into your pension
- Life assurance 4 x basic salary
- Health cash plan which allows you to claim money back for the cost of your essential health care plus other benefits including 24/7 access to an online doctor
- Exclusive offers and discounts from over 1000 popular retailers
- Free parking at work
- Working with Zzoomm, you will learn new skills on the job, diversify your abilities and enjoy building a new future for the UK’s broadband network, one town at a time, and have a great time!
As Zzoomm Is a start-up company, there will be a need for all employees to be prepared to work flexibly from time to time to get things done. We will all succeed by working as a team and with every Individual contributing their skills and experience as needed.