Zzoomm sets you free to work, play and learn in the way and at the pace you want. Zzoomm does this by running a Full-Fibre connection right into your home or business. This lets you choose the performance, the speed, that suits you and what you, your family and colleagues want to do with the Zzoomm connection.
Zzoomm is a brand new challenger to the old fashion established ISP companies you may have been involved with. From our brand, uniforms, colours and icons to our non-hierarchical leadership structure we take a fresh approach to building our fibre-optic broadband network. No two days are ever the same with diverse tasks and a team of high achievers. We all work together to plan and complete the jobs at hand, driven by our individual expertise and company ROAR values. Working with Zzoomm, you will learn new skills on the job, diversify your abilities and enjoy building a new future for the UK’s broadband network, one town at a time, and have a great time!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Oversee the production of High Level Designs in line with agreed design rules by the planning partner for Zzoomm’s FTTP network across the region.
- Oversee the delivery of the detailed low-level designs by the design partner for Zzoomm’s FTTP network across the region.
- Lead joint walk out surveys in the field as the design representative alongside Zzoomm’s regional teams, as well as capture all feedback and changes agreed in the field.
- Document agreed changes on a marked up design and communicate with the design partner in order to produce a final ‘ready for construction’ detailed design.
- Manage and implement ‘live’ design change requests from the build teams during construction phases.
- Assist in undertaking audits for completed network builds to enable network assurance activities and the production of as-build documentation.
- Review implemented designs and re-iterate the planning guidelines to improve the overall quality and cost effectiveness of the network design.
- Maintain and update Detailed Network Design Guidelines for the FTTP access network
- Conduct some field-based survey and assurance work to help support a clearer understanding of the labour and material costs for specific building connection costs and timescales to support the accurate deployment and financial planning of each area-level GPON network.
- Provide training and support to planning and engineering teams to help with the accurate capture of data for their street-level survey activities, as well as as-built data where appropriate.
- Identify high-potential and low potential areas of network deployment to support a commercially viable network deployment plan.
- You'll seek to minimise the cost and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality. This includes ensuring statutory building, construction and network engineering regulations are met. You'll prepare estimates and costs of the work, and, when the project is in progress, you'll keep track of any variations that may affect costs, generating Key performance indicator (KPI) dashboards and cost reports that keep the programme and senior stakeholders informed of current cost status and trends.
- Work with network design, planning and assurance teams to optimise our network deployment and topologies to minimise costs and increase speed to deployment.
- At all times understand and adhere to the relevant health and safety regulations.
You’ll know how to ..
- Be self-driven, results-orientated with a positive outlook
- Conduct detailed fibre mapping to meet design specifications for the fibre network
- Use QGIS and other applications to plan and issue Fibre Work Pack to the construction teams
- Produce PON area network plans, and checking subsequent implementation of fibre builds for completeness and alignment with the Network Plan
- Produce timely and accurate cost and quantity reporting across all elements of the deployment programme, including, but not limited to:
- Network construction costs Cost and per network topology
- Cost and time per customer connection type
- Variable costs with future target cost model
- Risks and Impacts of cost model
- You will be able to provide insight into innovation and value engineering opportunities for the future
- Liaise with internal and external teams and other third parties as part of your role
- Deliver planning and reporting support to the Regional Director, including setting targets and measuring actuals for meterage of network, premises passed, cabinet deployments, plan deviations, as built designs
- Liasing and managing design validations from the central design teams, in the form of checking against network specification and design principles, as well as providing on street surveying support to the Regional teams
- Liaising and managing design changes coming directly from the build teams during the construction phase of the project
- Liaising with the Provisioning, Network and Installations teams to ensure the successful delivery of our fibre services into customer homes
What we need you to have ..
- Experience and understanding of the design of fibre optic passive and active networks architecture and topologies (FTTP)
- The ability to learn sophisticated network design topologies, follow complex network planning principles and cost our material and labour costs appropriately
- GIS/Desktop planning experience within a network planning environment, including the use of a variety of mapping tools to identify road surface types, underground utilities and potentially PIA opportunities
- Experience of producing low-level designs on existing FTTP networks
- Knowledge of fibre types, fibre splicing and splice diagrams
- Proficient at cross-functional communications and reporting (including the design, assurance, provisioning and installation teams)
- Ability to undertake field surveys and validate design options on the ground for central planning teams; including the surveying of private roads, MDU’s, road surface types, cabinet locations, road crossings and toby box locations
- Own transport required to travel to site surveys
Zzoomm was founded in December 2018 by experienced fibre network entrepreneur Matthew Hare OBE. Matthew previously founded ultrafast rural fibre broadband provider Gigaclear in 2010, which was acquired by Infracapital in 2018 for £270 million.
Zzoomm is expanding this Full Fibre service to towns and suburbs nationally our ambitions are to connect 1 million properties by 2025.